Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My damn Lenovo C100

right, i'm right now in the middle of my first microcontroller project. and i happened to need a USB to Serial (RS-232) cable to program my damn controller... so what happened when i plugged the cable in? well a Windows Code 41 is what it gave... after trying various things and pulling my hair out for while i came to realise that the BAFO 810 wasnt a real BAFO 810 after all it was fucking chinese fake with a CH341 instead of a Prolific 2303. Thats was IT i was so fucking angry that i wanted to pretty much quit...all right i'll spare you the anguish... after hours and hours of wasting my time... and fromatting my computer twice... i just got this crazy ass idea... wait a minute maybe my chipset is the irrational bastard... so after having failed to get any help online or the complete absence of help topics on this problem... i just updated my intel chipset software... something called OSFIXES that the intel guys put on the lenovo page... AND then it started working... christ it was and ugly expeirience.


TP

No comments: